- Nigeria legend Keshi laid to rest not as a hero
Former Nigeria skipper and coach Stephen has been laid to rest in his village of Ilah, southern Nigeria, Friday afternoon, but without the fanfare promised by the country’s government.
- La Liga announces NPFL All-Stars full fixtures in Spain
La Liga have released fixtures, time and venue of the NPFL All-Stars tour of Spain which shows that their first match against La Liga side, Valencia CF will be staged the Alzira Stadium in the city of Valencia.
- Enyimba players lead NPFL All-Stars to Spain
Coach of the NPFL All-Star team, Salisu Yusuf, has announced the final 25-man squad to play on the friendly tour of Spain next month with the league announcing that all six Enyimba players on the squad will join their club in Egypt directly from Spain.
- Belgian club finally stop Ndidi from Rio Olympics
Belgian club Genk have finally decided Nigeria star Wilfred Ndidi will not leave for the Rio Olympics, which starts next week in Brazil.
- Norwegian club make offer to Kano Pillars forward Aggreh
Norwegian club Stabaek have made an offer to Kano Pillars forward Prince Aggreh after he shone during a two-week trials at the club.
- Nasarawa United supporters injured in crash
Just a day after Rivers United team bus was involved in a crash, supporters of Nasarawa United also suffered injuries on their way back from a Federation Cup match in another accident.
- Rivers want Ikorodu United clash moved after crash
Rivers United have requested for a postponement of this weekend’s league game against Ikorodu United after they were involved in road accident.
- Didier Drogba just can?t stop scoring against Arsenal
Didier Drogba continued his incredible scoring form against Arsenal; finding the back of the net in a 2-1 pre-season defeat to the English Premier League outfit in San Jose.
- West Ham make £16 million bid for Andre Ayew ? reports
West Ham United have made a reported £16 million for Swansea City ace Andre Ayew.
- Kaizer Chiefs job has made Steve Komphela addicted to pressure
Steve Komphela believes coaching Kaizer Chiefs has made him addicted to pressure as he enters his second season in charge of the Soweto giants.
- Tembo planning to plough back in Zimbabwe
Former Zimbabwean national team player Kaitano Tembo says he wants to give back to his community by launching a Kaitano Tembo Foundation.
- Ex-Eagles skipper Eguavoen wonders if Nigeria worth dying for
Ex-Nigeria skipper Austin Eguavoen has wondered if the country is worth dying for after top federal government officials stayed away from the final burial rites of former Nigeria skipper and coach Stephen Keshi.
- Mosimane: Sundowns closing in on ?top player?
Mamelodi Sundowns head coach Pitso Mosimane has revealed that the club are closing in on a 'top player'.
- Soweto giants set for South Africa season curtain-raiser
The Carling Black Label Cup, which has become South Africa’s de-facto curtain raiser ahead of a new season in recent years, will have its sixth edition on Saturday afternoon when Soweto giants Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates meet at the FNB Stadium.
- Eagles star Aaron Samuel on the mend in Norway
Super Eagles striker Aaron Samuel is undergoing his rehabilitation in Norway after a long-term knee injury he suffered while in action for Russian champions CSKA Moscow.
- Lillestrom official: We were confident we will sign Matthew
Lillestrom director of football Torgeir Bjarmann has said the Norwegian club were confident they will sign exciting Nigeria midfielder Ifeanyi Matthew despite interests for the player by several bigger clubs.
- Emenike vows to be ?spectacular? for Fenerbache
Emmanuel Emenike has told only AfricanFootball.com he hopes to do something “spectacular” with Turkish giants Fenerbache after his brace sunk Monaco in a Champions League qualifier in midweek.
- Rivers United involved in crash, player unconscious
A Rivers United player is unconscious after Nigeria league club Rivers United were involved in a road crash on their way back to Port Harcourt after a cup game in Ibadan.
- Fred Friday makes Europa League debut
New AZ Alkmaar signing Fred Friday made his UEFA Europa League debut Thursday night as his Dutch club beat PAS Giannina.
- Nosa Igiebor scores in Europa League win
Nosa Igiebor scored one of the goals as Maccabi Tel Aviv beat Romania’s Pandurii Targu Jiu 3-1 in a Europa League third qualifying round match.