- Soccer deaths shed light on Egypt political power struggles in post-Mubarak era
The deaths of 22 soccer fans in Egypt cannot be seen simply as a sports tragedy.
- Egypt prosecutor sends police officer to trial for killing female protester
Egypt's chief prosecutor has referred a police officer to trial for the killing of a female protester during a peaceful demonstration.
- Egypt suspends national soccer league after riot kills at least 22
Egypt's Cabinet has indefinitely suspended the national soccer league after at least 22 fans were killed in a stampede and clashes with police outside a Cairo stadium, three years after Egypt witnessed one of the deadliest soccer riots in the sport's history.
- Egypt suspends soccer league matches after 19 dies in riots
Egypt's cabinet has suspended the soccer league competition indefinitely after 19 people were killed in riots outside a soccer stadium late Sunday.
- FOOTBALL CLASHES Official: At least 25 killed in Egypt soccer riot
CAIRO ? A riot broke out Sunday night outside of a major soccer game in Egypt, with a stampede and fighting between police and fans killing at least 25 people, authorities said.
- Egypt suspends entire soccer league after stampede and riot kill 25 near Cairo
Such attacks in the past have sparked days of violent protests pitting the country's hard-core fans against police officers
- Head of Egypt soccer team rules out police role in deaths of 22 fans in clashes, stampede
The head of Egypt's second largest soccer team says he doesn't blame police for deaths of 22 fans during clashes and a stampede in front of a Cairo stadium.
- Soccer deaths shed light on Egypt's political struggles
CAIRO (AP) - The deaths of 22 soccer fans in Egypt cannot be seen simply as a sports tragedy. Like almost everything in the country since the 2011 uprising that toppled authoritarian leader Hosni Mubarak, its struggles, hopes and pursuit for power are very much at the heart of what ...
- Egypt soccer league to restart matches, but without fans
Egyptian authorities have decided to allow soccer matches to resume in closed stadiums without fans following a 40-day mourning period. Play was suspended this month because of a deadly stampede of supporters in eastern Cairo. State news agency MENA says the Cabinet decided to task a joint commission between the Ministries of Interior, Youth, and Sports, as well as the Egypt's soccer association ...
- More than 20 killed as riot breaks out at soccer match in Egypt
CAIRO (AP) ? A riot broke out Sunday night outside of a major soccer game in Egypt, with a stampede and fighting between police and fans killing at least 25 people, authorities said.