- AFRICAN STARS WATCH ? As it happened ? 03 December 2016
Thank you for joining us today on Saturday, 03 December 2016 for another LIVE BLOG edition on MTNFootball.com as we provide you with live updates of African Stars in action across Europe.
- Nigeria?s Super Falcons keep their crown?only just
Nigeria’s Super Falcons successfully defended the women’s AFCON title after they pipped hosts Cameroon 1-0 in Yaounde before a sell-out crowd.
- Paulse takes Ajax to victory over Arrows
Nathan Paulse scored a late penalty to see Ajax Cape Town claim a 1-0 win over Golden Arrows in an Absa Premiership match on Saturday night.
- Orlando Pirates held 2-2 by Highlands Park
Highlands Park twice came from behind to hold Orlando Pirates to a 2-2 draw in an Absa Premiership clash at Orlando Stadium on Saturday night.
- Chiefs humiliated in Port Elizabeth
Although they scored first through Siphiwe Tshabalala, Kaizer Chiefs lost their Absa Premiership tie 3-1 to Chippa United at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium on Saturday evening.
- Sundowns return to winning ways with thumping win in Tshwane
Mamelodi Sundowns returned to winning ways in the Absa Premiership with a 4-1 in over Free State Stats at Loftus Stadium on Saturday.
- Polokwane City beat Platinum Stars in five-goal thriller
Platinum Stars were narrowly defeated 3-2 by Polokwane City in an Absa Premiership game at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
- Super 4 big test for Rivers United ahead CAF Champions League ? Eguma
Rivers United coach Stanley Eguma has said the NPFL Super 4 will be a good test for his team ahead of next year’s CAF Champions League.
- Atalanta seek unlikely win at champions Juventus
Visiting Atalanta are not likely to win at champions Juventus today after they last carried the day in Turin in 1989.
- In-form Leipzig, Schalke do battle in Bundesliga
Table toppers RB Leipzig and Schalke 04 will do battle in the Bundesliga today.
- Lazio get new FIFA deadline to pay Ogenyi Onazi
World football governing body FIFA have now given Serie A side Lazio till December 9 to pay Nigeria international Ogenyi Onazi his outstanding wages or face their wrath, the player has revealed.
- Rivers United line up friendlies on Spain training tour, fly out Dec 12
Rivers United have lined up two friendlies during their forthcoming training tour of Spain and they will now depart the country on December 12.
- Femi Thomas shines for Rivers United to hold Kaduna United
Goalkeeper Femi Thomas stood out as 10-man Rivers United were held to a goalless draw by Kaduna United in continuation of the Shehu Dikko Tournament in Kaduna.
- Lobi, MFM battle for 2016 Gold Cup Sunday
Lobi Stars will battle MFM for this year’s Gold Cup on Sunday after both teams won their respective semi-finals.
- NNL Super 4 begins December 12 in Gombe now
The championship playoffs in the Nigeria second-tier league, the Nigeria National League, will now be played from December 12 in Gombe after several postponements.
- AF?s Kola Daniel scoops Nigeria Sports Journalist Award 2016
AfricanFootball’s multimedia journalist Kola Daniel has been named as Nigeria Sports Journalist for 2016.
- Jose Antonio Camacho takes charge of Gabon
The Gabon Football Federation (Fegafoot) announced on Friday that former Benfica, Spain and Real Madrid head coach Jose Antonio Camacho has been appointed as the new head coach of the country's national team
- Reports: European clubs chase Denis Onyango?s signature
According to reports in Uganda, several club's from across the world are looking into signing Mamelodi Sundowns goal-minder Denis Onyango.
- Pirates take aim at Highlands
Orlando Pirates will look to claim three Absa Premiership points when they host Highlands Park at Orlando Stadium on 3 December 2016, kick-off at 20h15.
- Okwuosa: We need to start winning
Ahead of their clash at home against Kaizer Chiefs in the Absa Premiership, Chippa United defender James Okwuosa says they must collect maximum points at home.